Avoidable and recommendable works during Surya Grahan and Chandra Grahan
Avoidable and recommendable works during Surya Grahan and Chandra Grahan:
- It is advisable to avoid performing any important work or deal.
- After Grahan, many Hindus perform ritual bath. Take meal only after the ritual bath. Taking a holy dip in rivers or lakes is auspicious.
- Many Hindus observe fasting on the day of Surya or Chandra Grahan.
- Avoid outside food during Grahan and as well as the whole day.Perform ritual bath, Puja, Japam, havan and all other rituals only after Grahan Moksh Kaal (the time when grahan is released).
- Avoid eating at the time of Grahana.
- Avoid eating the food which is cooked before Grahan. Take the food which is cooked after Grahan. People can eat the food that is prevented from ‘Soothak (Ashouch). To prevent food from Soothak, just spill some til seeds or keep grass blades (Durva grass) on the food before grahan.
- During Surya Grahan, reciting Surya Stotras such as Aditya Hridayam; Maha Mritunjaya Mantram and Vishnu Stotras is highly auspicious and u can also chant Gyatri mantra,nirvana mantra,Dhoomavati mantra,Chinnmasta mantra.
Pregnant women are most delicate people to look after at of Surya or Chandra Grahan Many doshams or the bad omen or the fears associated with Grahana and woman. Works to do to avoid during this day for pregnant women are mentioned below.Pregnant women should take some precautions to avoid bad effects of surya Grahana or Chandra Grahana. Many people believe that only Surya Grahana affects the pregnant woman, but it is advisable to follow the mentioned precautions on the day of Chandra Grahan also. Mantras to recite on the day of Grahan are given in this post.
Tips for Pregnant Women – What to do and what not to do – What to avoid and what to perform during Surya Grahan or Chandra Grahan:
- The first and foremost precaution that every pregnant woman has to take is to avoid seeing or looking at the Grahana. Even though, it is visible to naked eye, pregnant women should avoid watching graham.
- Stay at home and go out side during the grahana.
- There is a strong belief in some Hindus that wearing or tightening saree clips, hair clips or any other pins or clips will be inauspicious. Avoid wearing or tightening clips.
- Avoid cutting vegetables or fruits or any other material. Many Hindus believe that cutting any material will result the pregnant women a cleft organ child.
- In some regions, pregnant women avoid sleeping during the Grahana.
- For normal and safe delivery, pregnant women recite Santana Gopala data Mantram and Surya Stotras like Aditya Hridayam and other Surya Mantras, Maha Mritunjaya Stotram.
- Santana Gopala Stotra (a mantra to chant during graham by pregnant women) keeps up the health of the pregnant woman as well as the child (Garbhastha Shishu).